Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Meet Your BWI Staff!

Meet Alena, our go-to girl for all things DIY Babywearing (Do-it-yourself)!

Name: Alena Sutherland



Ages of Kids: 3 and 1

Where are you from originally?: Sioux Falls, SD

How long have you been babywearing?: I've been babywearing since my oldest was 2 weeks old. 

How long have you been a Volunteer Babywearing Educator?: I've been "training" since that first meeting in August or September. I've been DIY-ing since just before my son's first birthday. 

What's your favorite type of carrier or go-to carry?: I flip flop between a Mei Tai and ling size 4 or 5 woven wrap. Double Hammock with a Candy Cane Chest Belt (DH CCCB) is the carry I always do. Seriously, always. 

What BWing obstacle/challenge/goal would you like to master next?: My next goal is to weave my own wrap. Or weave the most marshmallowy rainbow fabric you've ever touched and covert it to a Mei Tai. 

What hobbies do you enjoy when you're not wearing?: Lots of crafty things: sewing, crocheting, paper quilling. 

What are your future goals?: Make sure my kiddos grow up into good people and figure out what I want to be when I grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment