Monday, February 9, 2015

Meet Your BWI Staff!

Meet Your BWI Staff!

In this post, meet Bailey Hornback!




Name: Bailey Hornback, Advanced Babywearing Educator

Ages of Kids: 3 1/2 and almost 2

Where are you from originally?: Springfield, MO

How long have you been babywearing?: I started wearing when my youngest was a newborn. It was a necessity when a I had a newborn and a 21 month old at home to chase. I tried to wear with my oldest, but was using a carrier that was uncomfortable for us, so I just gave up. 

How long have you been a Volunteer Babywearing Educator?: 1 year

What's your favorite type of carrier or go-to carry?: I like to wrap with woven wraps (right now, I'm loving a size 4). However, now that I have 2 toddlers on my hands I am often sporting a SSC as it is so quick to do ups and downs. My boys seem to need up and then right back down. 

What BWing obstacle/challenge/goal would you like to master next?:  In terms of wearing, I would like to become more proficient in using a ring sling. It is one of those things that I can teach, but can't do. I have a new ring sling coming and I am determined to become more comfortable with them myself. In terms of being a babywearing educator, I have my eyes on becoming a Master Babywearing Educator. I am really passionate about being an educator. Even when my kids are grown up, I can't see myself leaving the babywearing community. I love it too much. 

What hobbies do you enjoy when you're not wearing?: I really don't have a lot of hobbies. I enjoy swimming and doing Zumba at the YMCA. I have also found an appreciation for hiking since we moved to CO. My family also volunteers to walk dogs every week at the local no-kill animal shelter in Pueblo. 

What are your future goals?: My future goals are to get my 2 year old to sleep in his own bed. I would also like to implement a Pueblo babywearing meeting and see it grow to be successful before my time in Pueblo is up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment