Saturday, February 28, 2015

Meet Your BWI Staff!

Meet one of our rocking VBEs, Natalie Cross! 



Ages of Kids: 11, almost 4, and 18 months.

Where are you originially from?: My father was air force, so I'm from everywhere!

How long have you been babywearing?: Technically 11 years, but really only seriously for 4. I wore my oldest in an SSC when she was very small, but didn't start using wraps or other carrier types until #2 was born. 

How long have you been a Volunteer Babywearing Educator/in Training?: I've been officially volunteering with the group since our affiliation in 2014, but only teaching since June. 

What's your favorite type of carrier or go-to carry?: I can't pick a favorite! I love everything depending on the situation, but my most used carrier/carry right now is my Ringsling, and a half JBC using a short wrap. 

What BWing obstacle/challenge/goal would you like to tackle/master next?: I'd like to figure out how to do a Kangaroo Carry propersly. That shoulder flip is my arch nemesis. 

What hobbies do you enjoy when you're not babywearing?: Don't you mean "what hobbies do you have 4 minutes to enjoy, because you can strap a kid on and have a moments peace?" haha. I like to sew, and I homeschool my oldest, which is actually fun quite a lot of the time. I can't wait until all three of the kids are old enough to participate. 

What are your future goals?: I am working toward becoming an Advanced Babywearing Educator with BWI, and then in the future also becoming an MBE. 

1 comment: